Day 1: 31 days of recounting my first year of journeying to autonomy

 It's been one year since I started my journey to Independence and building a sense of autonomy. Every day of this month, I am going to post something that has happened in the past year that has strengthened my autonomy. Today, I'm going to share that I adopted Damon on March 6th despite the fact that I had been told by someone close to me that I can never be a good dog mom. Having Damon has made my life so full and there's times where I thought I was making mistakes and I was scared I was doing things wrong and I didn't really trust my instincts. Sometimes I still don't trust myself with it. However, I have done everything I possibly can do to take care of this dog properly and at his one year exam recently, they said he was extremely healthy. When I take him out, people always talk about how happy he looks with us. They always say how well behaved he is as a service dog. I'm starting to accept that I I'm doing a good job taking care of him and I fully accept that adopting him almost a year ago was an excellent decision and probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. And I made the decision without input from anybody else except for Matt because he's going to have to live with him too.

Comments

Popular Posts