Panic vs Rational Brain

My rational brain says 
"I did everything I needed to do"
"I am prepared for every scenario"
"My bases are covered"
"I'm safe"
 
"Everything always works out"
"I have never gone without a roof"
"Or electricity"
"Or food and water"

My panic brain says 
"You pissed them off"
"You went to far"
"You're going to be on the street"
"You're going to lose everything"

"Are you sure you have support?"
"Are you sure you are right?"
"Are you sure you thought this through?"
"Are you sure you're safe?"

My rational brain 
wants me to know 
I'm okay,
things are going to work out. 

My panic brain is 
telling me everything is on fire,
I'm not going to survive the day. 

It feels like 
my panic brain rules my life 
but I'm still alive,
so my rational brain
must be winning. 

But the fear in my body is 
all consuming.
No matter how much logic 
my rational brain throws at it,
The fires still burn. 

Will I ever feel safe?

Comments

Popular Posts