my phone screen cracked

Why are you not using your mobility aids, he asked 

Why am I not using them? 
I'm not sure 
Maybe because I want to be like everyone else 

I want to not need them 
I want to not be sick

I want to walk through the trees 
See all of the new spring
blossoms and leaves
I want to stand for 5 minutes without getting dizzy 

So why am I not using them? 
Maybe I'm protesting 
Maybe I'm fighting against something 
Even though I know I'll never beat it 

My phone screen is cracked
It fell from my weakend hands
I guess 
it should have been in my rollator pouch 
Then it wouldn't be cracked 
But I think my brain would 

I shouldn't need these things when I'm home 
It's bad enough I need them out 
I want my autonomy back 
I barely had a glimpse of it 
And poof
It's gone

Comments

Popular Posts