Kermit

I wonder if I love Kermit the most because he's seen me at my best and worst and in between and he's never changed his love for me or the way he acts with me. I think a lot of animals pick up on the changes. Especially the major ones I have lived through in the 7 years since I adopted Kermit. Even Damon can tell I'm getting much sicker and acts different on the days I feel worse. The other two rabbits have only been with me as long as I've been sick. They don't know anything else but I think they see the intensity like Damon and it makes them nervous. It's not the case with Kermit. He trusts me to make the right decisions and to be there for him no matter what and in return he does the same for me. I don't think any other rabbit I will ever have will connect with me in the same way. I hate that he's going to be 10 soon. I keep trying to prepare myself for the day that is inevitable and I won't have him anymore but I don't think anything can really prepare me.

Comments

Popular Posts