5/09/2024 Poetry Prompt: If The World Were at My Fingertips

If the world were at my fingertips 
I wouldn't be a slave to my illness
I wouldn't be banished to my home
Or shackled to my bed
I wouldn't have to bow down to
Fatigue or pain
I would fully live.

I would travel everywhere 
No single place to call home
I would explore 
The Buddhist temples in Thailand,
Drive from San Diego to Vancouver,
Ride the mountain coasters in Switzerland,
Visit the sloth sanctuary in Costa Rica 
See where my ancestors lived in Ireland 
Spend time with penguins on the beach in South Africa 
And jump on a safari 
Wander through the rainforest in South America 
Float over New Mexico in a hot air balloon
Rescue koalas in Australia 
Watch the northern lights from a hot spring in Iceland 
Swim with Bangaii Cardinal fish in Indonesia 

I would expand my education 
Dr Alycia 
Make a difference for others
Inspire researchers to find a cure
Speak up against injustice 
Animals and children would live without trauma 

My friends wouldnt be far away 
I'd hug them every day 
We would laugh and reminisce 
And I'd never need to cancel plans again.

Comments

Popular Posts