my opinion on reading goals

They are toxic. They make reading into something unenjoyable and full of anxiety and pressure to read a certain amount of books or pages. I I really like tracking the books I'm reading on Goodreads and story graph but I never read anybody's reviews or look at their profiles. I don't need to see a million people's reviews on Sarah j Maas or fourth wing or whatever book every single person is reading.  But that's another pet peeve for another post. 

Some months, it's harder to read than others. This month has been particularly hard. I just finished one book and it's the 17th. I don't have a job or any responsibilities besides to take care of myself and I still only finished one book this month so far and it was a graphic novel. It's been really hard for me to read novels right now and audiobooks are putting me to sleep. Even reading graphic novels are hard. My eyes have been blurring a lot more. It sucks. 

The point is, I see people posting about how many books they read every month and whatever. I don't think we should put the kind of pressure on ourselves. I know I shouldn't. I've always loved reading and have been reading non-stop since I learned how. I need to just be grateful for the books I finish and stop looking at my ever growing TBR list. 

Apparently I shouldn't be reading anyway or doing anything. I should have ear plugs in, sleep mask on, lights off, sounds off, and just lay in the dark doing absolutely nothing. I did do that a lot today but my body needs more but I want to light the shabbos candles tonight and watch RuPaul All Stars. I wanted to finish my book.

Now I just want to eat dinner as fast as possible and sleep. This disease is hell.

Comments

Popular Posts