7 Year Old Me Letter

Dear 7 year old me, 

I want you to know first and foremost that you are special. You are beautiful and smart and funny even though you don't see that yet. You are a loyal friend and an amazing big sister. I know that's hard to see right now. I know they make you feel small. I know you feel uncomfortable in your own home, maybe unsafe is a better word. I know you lock the doors and look for cameras around the house. He can get so angry and there's something more going on too. You don't quite know what it is but it's scary. I want you to know that it is not your responsibility to protect anyone. Not even yourself. That is your mother's job and she's doing a terrible job at it. I want you to know that we will get away from him eventually but it will be extremely bumpy along the way and after. Until then, keep fighting. Scream when you feel unsafe. Let everybody know how you feel. Get it all out. It is okay to feel your emotions and totally normal. Do not listen when people are saying you are overreacting or dramatic. You are reacting completely normally. Keep fighting for you. Keep yourself safe and know that eventually this will no longer be part of your life. Stay strong. I love you. 

Your future self

Comments

Popular Posts