Disability Discrimination

I've been heavily bullied in my life but I never faced true discrimination since becoming disabled.  I truly am starting to understand white, able-bodied, and straight-presenting privilege.  I'm embarrassed for things I said in the past that didn't align with this.  

Discrimination is everywhere for disabled people.  Most places just aren't accessible at all.  People judge the hell out of you and just assume you're scamming them.  You follow the laws but still get denied entry because the actual scammers are passing better than you.  People look at your accommodation requests as taking advantage when you're literally just trying to survive.  So many doors are so heavy and don't have buttons to push that open them.  You can't get help because they make everything impossible. Lack of entertainment screenings, like movies, concerts, and plays.  Stairs.  

It never ends. 

And I'm too sick to fight it. 

Comments

Popular Posts