🪶Poetry Prompt🪶Everyone has a secret place where they feel safe and secure. Write about yours and how it makes you feel. 🌹

Breeze in my hair 
Trying to balance 
As I find my spot is open
I sit as close to the edge as possible 
Scraping my hands on coral and shells 
 
I'm looking out into the sunset
In front,
The sail boats in the harbor
Behind me,
so much history 
In my hands,
My favorite grapefruit sorbet

This is my spot
I'm safe here
I can breathe here
The demons can't reach me here

There are other people around 
It's probably their first time 
I've been here 
More times than I can count 
I bet anything 
Most tourists don't know this place exists

Children play around me
Parents making sure they don't fall
I don't think anyone has actually fallen 

I'm now several years in the future 
My body is failing me
I don't think I can ever get there again 

The last time I went 
I could barely balance 
The heat was unbearable 
I felt lightheaded 
My legs ached
Swaying as I walked
But I didn't fall

I really took it all in
It felt like the last time 
But it'll always be in my mind
And hopefully 
I'll find a new spot soon

Comments

Popular Posts